christmas 2011 & kreativ blogger award
I hope everyone out there had a wonderful holiday week, whatever holiday you celebrate, and that 2012 welcomes you warmly! I had a lovely Christmas with my family. I’m pretty sad that it’s over. It’s insane that we spend so much time preparing for this one day, and then it’s over in a flash. It’s always worth it, though, especially the special moments that I got to spend with my family and friends. Before I post the selection of photos that I made in the past few days, I want to acknowledge Cindy for presenting me with the Kreativ Blogger Award.
I really appreciate it! I was looking through blogs for Christmas posts the other day and came upon Cindy’s beautiful photos of her Christmas tree. They immediately made me that much more excited for Christmas and the coziness and excitement that it brings. So thanks for that, Cindy!
The rules for the Kreativ Blogger Award are as follows:
- The Kreativ Blogger image must be displayed on the blog.
- The nominator must be acknowledged.
- The recipient must state ten things about himself or herself that his or her readers probably don’t know.
- The recipient must pass the award along by nominating at least six blogs to receive the award.
So I guess I have to post 10 things about myself, huh? All right, here goes…
- I began shooting photos seriously in 2007.
- I’m getting married to my fiancé, Hunter, on July 6th. He and I have been together for 10 years.
- I volunteer at the Philadelphia Animal Control shelter, which is heartbreaking, yet the most rewarding thing I’ve ever done.
- I’ve never had the chicken pox, but was vaccinated against it so that I don’t get it as an adult!
- I played first base on the softball team in high school. During one afternoon game, it was so sunny out that I couldn’t see the pop-up fly that I was attempting to catch. At the last second, I put my arm down and caught the ball in my armpit.
- I hiked to the top of Mombacho, a volcano and cloud forest, in Nicaragua.
- I’ve never seen the original Star Wars movies.
- Seinfeld will always be my favorite show of all time.
- I’ve seen the band Phish more than 25 times, which is nothing for some fans.
- If I could do anything for the rest of my life, I would be a professional travel photographer.
This award is a really cool way to spread the word about other blogs that one follows, so I will do just that. Following are six photobloggers whose work I follow and think you should, too.
Okay, now that I’ve conquered that, onto the Christmas photos!
My lover of a dog, Pepper, assaulting my dad with kisses. Aren’t pit bulls just the most vicious creatures? 🙂
The beautiful mantel in my parents’ house
I’m very jealous of my mother’s Christmas village.
The Raspberry Linzer Tarts that I bake every year
A vase full of beautiful flowers that my dad got for my mom
Evidently, my mom found something very funny!
One of my mom’s three miniature Christmas trees
Pepper snuggling up with her blanket (well, my brother’s blanket that she temporarily claimed as her own :))
She was very upset that we were leaving her to go to my aunt’s for Christmas breakfast.
My cousin, Samantha, also found something very amusing 🙂
My aunt and uncle’s beautiful tree, which seems to get bigger every year!
Auntie Val playing Japanese Rummy, a family Christmas tradition
Self-portrait in my aunt and uncle’s mirror
Finally, a nice photo of mom and dad. I don’t have enough of those.
I hope that everyone has a great New Year’s Eve, and be safe!